Beetroot is very rich in iron and helps to build up haemoglobin, therefore great for anemic patients. It also aids digestion.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 8 oz (250 g) beetroot
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 2 Tbs coconut, grated
- 1 Tbs coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 pinch asafetida
How to Make It
- Wash, peel and grate the beetroot.
- Prepare the tempering by heating the oil over a low heat in a small pan. Add the black mustard seeds, and when they start to splutter add the asafetida. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a serving bowl mix the beetroot, mung bean sprouts, coconut, coriander leaves, lime juice and pineapple. Add salt to taste.
- Pour the tempering over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately.