Not only is this a great storecupboard recipe but it’s one that is smart enough (and trendy enough) to serve to friends as well. Kaye loves this – her body’s her temple, you know!
- Yield: 4 Servings
For the Salad
- 2 x 250 g bags pre-cooked quinoa
- 200 g can tuna, drained and flaked
- 280 g jar chargrilled peppers, drained and chopped
- 20 black olives
- 100 g (3½ oz) canned haricot or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- handful of parsley, mint, or basil leaves, finely chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp tahini
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 tsp honey
- pinch of caster sugar
- 1⁄2 finely grated unwaxed lemon zest
- 2½ tbsp lemon juice
How to Make It
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl with a good pinch of salt, and whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Put the quinoa in a serving bowl along with the tuna, peppers, olives, haricot or kidney beans, and herbs.
- Drizzle the dressing over. Very gently mix all the ingredients without breaking up the chunks of tuna or the beans too much. Make sure the dressing evenly coats all the elements of the salad.
- If you have any dressing left, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days in a sealed jar.