This veggie burger is so healthy and tasty even those who love meat will enjoy this delicious burger. Can be fried or grilled.
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 can Bean (14 oz, black, red or chickpeas, drained)
- 1 onion (medium, cut into rough wedges)
- ½ cup oats (rolled)
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- salt (dash)
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 cup grated cheese (parmesan, cheddar, swiss, mozzarella)
- liquid from cooking the beans/stock or water (as needed)
- 1 tbsp oil (for cooking)
- Toppings– (Lettuce, tomato, onion)
How to Make It
- Combine in a food processor, beans, oats, onion, cheese, chili powder, salt and pepper. Lightly pulse until chunky not mushy.
- If the mixture seems a little dry add some liquid (can be some from the bean can, stock or water) in small portions. The mixture should be moist not wet.
- Place the mixture in the refrigerator until it is firm enough to handle. Shape your four patties (use wet hands to shape patties) and return it to the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
- On medium-high heat, warm your pan and coat with oil. Fry the patties for 5 minutes on each side or until brown, turning once only.
- Serve on hamburger rolls with your favorite toppings.