This stew has a deep woody taste mellowed with mushrooms and stew vegetables.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 Hours
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen stew vegetables
- 1 (10¾-ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2/3 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca
How to Make It
- If necessary, cut up large pieces of meat. Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Brown meat, half at a time, in hot skillet; drain off fat. Set aside.
- Place frozen vegetables in a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with meat. In a medium bowl stir together soup, wine, 1/3 cup water, and tapioca. Pour over meat and vegetables in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on high-heat setting for 3½ to 4½ hours.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.