- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated three cheese–filled tortellini
- ¾ cup water
- 0.33 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light beer (from 12-oz bottle)
- 0.33 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 oz) cooked kielbasa or other smoked sausage, cut diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
How to Make It
- Fill 12-inch nonstick skillet half full with water (about 6 cups). Heat to boiling. Add tortellini; cook uncovered for minimum time as directed on package, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- In 1-cup measuring cup, stir ¾ cup water and the flour with whisk until smooth; pour into same skillet. Stir in beer, green onions, chili sauce, mustard and salt. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Gently fold in tortellini and kielbasa. Cover; cook over medium-low heat about 5 minutes or until kielbasa is hot.
- Fold in cheese, ½ cup at a time, until melted. Remove from heat; garnish with roasted peppers.