- Yield: 15 Servings
- 18 -½ oz. pkg. yellow cake mix, divided
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 env. active dry yeast
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 0.66 c. warm water
- 5 T. butter, melted
- 21 -oz. can cherry pie filling
- 2 T. sugar Garnish: chopped nuts
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. corn syrup
- 1 to 2 T. water
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups dry cake mix, flour, yeast, eggs and warm water. Stir for 2 minutes. Spread batter in a greased 13"x9" baking pan. In a separate bowl, blend melted butter and remaining cake mix; set aside.
- Spoon pie filling over batter in pan. Crumble butter mixture over pie filling. Sprinkle sugar over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes; cool. Drizzle with glaze; sprinkle nuts on top.
- Combine powdered sugar and corn syrup. Stir in enough water to form a glaze consistency.