Don’t be put off by making an ice-cream cake. This recipe is so simple and, after a rich Christmas meal, it is so nice to have something that isn’t too sweet.
- Yield: 12 Servings
- 375 ml whipping cream
- 1 × 385 g can condensed milk
- 4 medium lime juices
- 1 lime zest
- 2 cups crushed meringues
How to Make It
- Line a 22 cm springform cake pan with clingfilm. To make the Mixture
- Whip the cream to the stiff peak stage and set aside. Mix together the condensed milk, lime juice and zest until thick and then fold into the whipped cream. Assembling the Cake
- Pour a third of the mixture into the cake pan, sprinkle over half of the meringues, pour the next third and sprinkle over the remaining meringues and top with the remaining mixture. Cover with clingfilm.
- Freeze overnight. Carefully remove the cake from the pan. Remove the clingfilm and serve.