- Yield: 16
- ¼ lb (115 g) bacon (about 2–3 thick-cut slices)
- 1 lb (454 g) ground chicken
- ½ cup (35 g) chopped green onion
- 1 tsp (2 g) ground sage
- ½ tsp garlic powder
How to Make It
- Roughly chop the bacon slices and put them in the food processor. Process until the bacon resembles ground meat, but not so long that the bacon becomes a paste. Add the ground chicken, green onion, sage and garlic powder to the food processor. There should be plenty of salt in the mixture already, thanks to the bacon! Pulse until the meat mixture is just combined and you can see that the green onions are evenly distributed throughout.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Use a 2 tablespoon (30 ml) scoop to measure out 16 equal-size portions of the meat mixture and drop them onto the lined baking tray. Use your hands to roll each portion into a round mini meatball shape.
- Cook the burger bites for 20 minutes and rest them for 5 minutes on the baking tray before serving. These are great paired with either BBQ Sauce or Creamy Green Onion Dressing.