- Yield: 4 Servings as a starter
- 1½ tbsp whole almonds (skin on)
- 6 large Medjool dates (5 oz in total)
- 2½ cups arugula
- 4 to 5 oz lightly salted Turkish sheep’s cheese (or buffalo ricotta or buffalo mozzarella), broken or cut into pieces
- a few leaves of dill
- ¾ cup mixed purple and green basil leaves, and red chard leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp pomegranate molasses
- salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Spread the almonds in a small baking pan and roast them for 8 to 10 minutes, or until they turn a nice brown inside. Remove from the oven and leave to cool down.
- Halve the dates lengthways and remove and discard the pit. Cut each half into four to six long slices.
- Spread the arugula over the bottom of each serving dish. On top, build up dates, cheese, dill, basil and red chard, making sure you can clearly see all four elements.
- Mix together well the olive oil, pomegranate molasses and some salt and pepper, and drizzle over the salad. Roughly chop the almonds, sprinkle on top and serve.