- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 cups plain water or homemade, unsalted, chicken stock
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 10-15 rounds galangal
- 4-5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3-4 chilies
- 1½-2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar or standard granulated white sugar
- 150 g oyster mushrooms (or any mushrooms that you like)
- 2-2½ tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup cilantro (coriander)
- 1 spring onion
How to Make It
- Slice 5-6 thin slices of lemongrass off the bottom, white part, of the stalk. Slice 10-15 thin slices of galangal. Cut the roots off the mushrooms and wash. Cut the Kaffir lime leaves in half alone the stem. Cut the cilantro stalks into 1-2 cm pieces and roughly chop the leaves. Cut off the roots and clean the green onions and finely slice them. Crush the chilies with the side of your knife and cut them in half along the length. For Cooking
- Into a pot put 2 cups of water or chicken broth and bring it to the boil.
- Put in the lemongrass, galangal and cilantro and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until you get an aromatic smell.
- Then add the chicken, fish sauce and sugar and boil for 5-6 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the coconut milk and mushrooms and leave it to boil on a medium heat.
- Prepare your serving dish by adding lime juice, chilies and spring onions.
- Add the soup from the pot to the serving dish and add more spring onions and cilantro to garnish. Serve and enjoy!