- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
For Zucchini Noodles
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium zucchini squash, spiralized, about 1½ lb (700 g) total
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast, about 5 oz (150 g) each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- ½ cup marinara sauce
How to Make It
- To make the zucchini noodles, heat olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add the spiralized zucchini, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and toss the zucchini noodles with tongs, then cover and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, until the zucchini begins to soften.
- Transfer the zucchini noodles to a colander and drain. Spread the drained noodles on a baking sheet lined with paper towel, and press with additional paper towel to absorb excess moisture. Leave the noodles on the tray to dry.
- To make the chicken, heat olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over high heat. Add the chicken, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. When the edges begin to turn white, flip them over and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread 2 tbsp marinara sauce on each chicken breast and top with 2 oz (55 g) sliced mozzarella. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Turn the broiler to high and place the baking sheet in the oven, about 2 to 3 inches (5–7 cm) below the heating element. Broil for 3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- To assemble the meals, place 1 cup zucchini noodles in each of 4 containers and top with 2 tbsp marinara sauce. Add 1 piece of chicken to each container.