These brownies take just one bowl to make and exactly zero brown bags, empty or not. This recipe makes 18 brownies so even if you get hungry on the way to a date, there will be plenty more to share.
- Yield: 18 brownies
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 (4-ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking bar, roughly chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 × 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In either a microwave-safe bowl or in a small saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter and 2 ounces of the chopped chocolate. Melt in 30 second increments if using a microwave. Whisk constantly until completely smooth if melting on the stovetop.
- Whisk in the sugar until combined, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and remaining 2 ounces of chocolate into the wet ingredients until very well combined. The batter will be thick.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean (a few crumbs are fine).
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack before cutting into squares.