- Yield: 12 large or 24 small bars
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder, preferably aluminum-free
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan and line with parchment, allowing the ends of the paper to hang over two opposite edges of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Put the butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl and stir with a spoon until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and bourbon, and mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in the flour mixture, followed by the pecans, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut the blondies into bars. The blondies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.