- Yield: 3 Dozen
- 1 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ½ cup (125 g) unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup (28 g) fl ax meal
- 1 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice fl our
- ½ cup (60 g) sorghum fl our
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 cups (160 g) certifi ed gluten-free rolled oats, quinoa, or rice fl akes
- 1 cup (175 g) Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips or sulfi te-free raisins
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- With a mixer or by hand, cream together the brown sugar, oil, water, applesauce, flax, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the oats and chocolate chips, and mix until dough is well combined. Add the oats and mix again until all ingredients are combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto a baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for about 25 to 28 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned and semi-soft to the touch in the middle. Let cookies sit for a few minutes before removing from baking sheet. Remove from baking sheet to a fl at surface (like a large plate) or wire rack to cool completely before enjoying.