These are easy to make, flavorful, and reminiscent of coffee cake. For an extra crunch, stir 1⁄2 cup (41.2 g) of crushed granola into batter.
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 cup (245 g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup (225 g) packed brown sugar
- ½ 2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon (7 g) ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1½ cups (185 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- ½ cup (60 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- Dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons (9.2 g) baking powder
- ½ cup (68 g) unsalted sunflower seed kernels
- 1 cup (165 g) sulfite-free packed golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon plus ¼ cup (50 g) sugar.
- 1 cup (82 g) Enjoy Life Cranapple Crunch Granola
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). To make the Bars
- Mix together applesauce, brown sugar, oil, and cinnamon. Add water and next 4 ingredients (through baking powder) and blend until smooth. Stir in the sunflower seeds and raisins. Pour into a 8-inch (20-cm) square baking pan. To make the Topping
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and sprinkle over top of dough. Or, if using granola, place granola in a sealed plastic bag. Roll a rolling pin over bag to break granola into tiny pieces. Sprinkle over top of dough.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until firm in the center. Let cool and cut into squares.