- Yield: 7 Servings
- Preparation Time: 40 Minutes
- Total Time: 1 Hour 35 Minutes
- 14 uncooked manicotti pasta shells
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz) or 1 can (4 oz) mushroom pieces and stems, drained
- 1 cup 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 28 oz 1 jar tomato pasta sauce
- 2 boxes (9 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups small-curd cottage cheese
- 0.33 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package, using minimum cook time. Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Squeeze thawed spinach to drain; spread on paper towels and pat dry. In medium bowl, mix spinach, cottage cheese, ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, the nutmeg and pepper.
- In baking dish, spread 1 cup of the beef mixture. Fill pasta shells with spinach mixture; place on beef mixture in dish. Pour remaining beef mixture evenly over shells, covering completely. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.