- Yield: 12 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2 cans (28 oz each) crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- In 3-quart saucepan, stir all ingredients until well mixed. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors.
- Use sauce immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.