This recipe aims to showcase Olive and Sinclair chocolate in a cake filled with big hunks of the rich, dark bars.
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1¼ cups (155 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (40 g) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks/225 g) butter plus more for pan
- 1 cup (145 g) light brown sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons (125 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) whole milk
- ⅔ cup (165 ml) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 ounces (150 g) Olive and Sinclair 67 percent cacao chocolate, roughly chopped
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly butter a loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second medium bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and ½ cup (100 g) of the granulated sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring well after each. Add the milk, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine. Fold in about two-thirds of the chocolate pieces.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top it with the remaining chocolate and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Bake the cake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve it for dessert or breakfast.