This is a great weekday dinner. If you can get fresh sardines from a barrel, do so. If not, get the best oil-based canned sardines you can find. Don’t get any bargain brands.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 22 Minutes
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 oz sardines in olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped black olives
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and then sauté the onions for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the sardines, black olives, tomato sauce and lemon juice.
- Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce on the pasta and then top with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.