This colorful salad wonderfully combines bright-green spinach, sweet red berries, rich nuts and creamy cheese. The sweet and tangy flavor of balsamic vinegar in the dressing helps to tame the earthy taste of the spinach, which tends to make even those who don’t care for this leafy green a fan of this salad.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp (10 ml) honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 oz (150 g) bag or box baby spinach, washed and dried
- ½ lb (250 g) fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) walnuts
- ¼ lb (125 g) blue or soft goat cheese, pulled into small nuggets
- Place the vinegar, oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a salad bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the spinach, strawberries, walnuts and cheese, and toss to coat, ensuring some of the strawberries, walnuts and cheese decorate the top, and serve.