Don’t let the dainty preciousness of these parfaits fool you they are layers of flavor. This combination creates beautiful, complex flavor in one bite. The génoise and Salty Hazelnut & Brown Sugar Crumble bring crunch and a salty, nutty kick, while the creamy, fatty goodness of the mascarpone Bavarian gives your tongue something to look forward to. The fruity, acidic addition of the Baked Berry Meringue Kisses and the raspberries turns everything into a dessert you can be proud of.
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 Citrus-Scented Almond Génoise Cake
- 1 recipe Creamy Mascarpone Bavarian
- 1 cup (250 g) Salty Hazelnut & Brown Sugar Crumble
- 100 100 organic, ripe raspberries
- 50 Baked Berry Meringue Kisses
- Use a ring mold or a round cookie cutter to cut ten round disks, 2 in (5 cm) in diameter, from the génoise. Set ten stemless red wineglasses or glass bowls on a baking sheet.
- Fit a pastry bag with a plain, round piping tip (no smaller than #3) and use a binder clip to secure the bag shut where it meets the piping tip. Fill the pastry bag with the Bavarian, remove the binder clip, and then pipe a small layer 3 tbsp into the bottom of each glass. Put a cake disk on top, and then pipe more Bavarian to cover the cake. This can be done up to 1 day in advance. The cake will absorb some of the moisture from the Bavarian and will become even more delicious.
- Just before serving, sprinkle 25 g 1½ tbsp of the crumble evenly on top of the Bavarian in each glass, and place 10 raspberries and 5 meringue kisses among the crumbles. Serve and enjoy.