These adorable individual aquariums are a staple for beach- or fish-themed parties. They can be the centerpiece, or act as sweet little accent pieces to the cake!
- Yield: 2 (8-ounce) glasses
- 1 cup jelly beans
- 3½ cups lemon-lime soda, or any clear soda
- 3 Tbsp cup powdered gelatin
- Blue food coloring
- 1–3 fish gummies
How to Make It
- Pour the jelly beans into two 8 oz glasses. Set aside.
- Pour the soda into a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface. Allow the gelatin to develop for 5 minutes. Transfer the gelatin mixture to a pot and set to medium heat. Whisk until the gelatin has fully dissolved.
- Pour the liquid into a clear or white bowl—anything that will allow you to see the color clearly. Add a very small drop of blue food coloring; enough to ever so slightly tint the liquid blue. If it is too dark, you won’t be able to see the fish!
- Chill the liquid in the fridge until it is halfway set, about 1 hour. Fill the glasses with the jelly and stick some gummy fish inside. The half-set jelly will allow the fish to stay suspended, while keeping the water looking seamless.
- Place the glasses in the fridge until the jelly has completely set, about 3 to 4 hours. Enjoy!