- Yield: 4 cups/1 liter
- 1 cup (140 g) nuts or 1¾ cups / 250 g seeds (your nuts/seeds must be raw, organic, and never heat-treated)
- 1 quart (1 liter) unchlorinated water Fine
- sea salt
- Sweetener of choice and to your taste, such as 2 Medjool dates, 1 to 3 teaspoons raw honey or pure maple syrup, or a couple drops of stevia extract
How to Make It
- Put the nuts or seeds in a glass or ceramic container (or your blender). Cover with the water and add the salt. Soak overnight.
- Set a nut milk bag over a large bowl or other container (you can also use cheesecloth or even an old T-shirt, but something large enough to contain the pulp and a material you can really squeeze, i.e., not a strainer or sieve).
- Drain the nuts or seeds and rinse well. Combine the nuts/seeds and the sweetener in a blender, and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Strain the mixture through the nut milk bag into the container.
- Funnel the strained milk into a sealable bottle and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.