- Yield: 6
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 6 corn cobs
- handful of basil leaves
- 2¼ oz (60 g) soft butter
- finely grated parmesan and lime wedges, to serve
How to Make It
- Remove the papery husks and strands of silk from the corn cobs. Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook for 5–8 minutes or until the corn kernels are just tender.
- Meanwhile, use a pestle and mortar to pound the basil leaves to a paste with a pinch of salt. Add the butter and mix thoroughly.
- Slather the cooked corn with the basil butter and sprinkle over a grinding of pepper, then serve with parmesan and lime wedges. Eat and enjoy every mouthful. Note that floss or toothpicks may be needed…