- Yield: 3 burgers
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 c fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- cayenne, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 whole-wheat hamburger buns
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pulse beans in food processor until mashed well or mash manually using a potato masher or fork.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in cilantro and spices plus salt and pepper.
- Add Breadcrumbs as necessary until the mixture can be handled and isn’t terribly sticky, about 1⁄4 cup.
- If after 1⁄4 cup it’s still too sticky and difficult to work with, place in fridge 5 to 10 minutes.
- Shape mixture into 3 patties.
- Lightly spray each patty with cooking spray and bake 7 minutes.
- Flip, re-spray, and bake for 7 to 10 minutes more until crisp on the outside and thoroughly warm.
- Serve immediately on buns. Because there is no oil, these patties dry out as they sit so eat them right away.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.