- Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 T. cornstarch
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. orange juice
- ½ c. plus 3 T. water, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 6 slices bread
- 2 T. butter, melted cinnamon-sugar to taste
How to Make It
- Spread blueberries in a greased 13"x9" baking pan; set aside. In a bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, orange juice and ½ cup water; pour over blueberries. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and remaining water. Dip bread slices into egg mixture; arrange over blueberries in pan.
- Brush bread slices with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until bread is lightly toasted and sauce is bubbly and thickened. Serve toast slices topped with blueberry mixture from pan.