- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 lb broccoli rabe (rapini)
- 0.33 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8.8 oz) orecchiette (tiny disk) pasta Toasted pine nuts or chopped walnuts, if desired Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
How to Make It
- Cut off thick, tough, stem ends (about 1 inch) from broccoli rabe, and discard. Cut remaining stems into 1-inch pieces; place in small bowl and set aside. Cut leaves crosswise into 2-inch pieces (about 10 loosely packed cups); set aside. Cut any florets into bite-size pieces if necessary; set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until butter is medium golden brown, stirring constantly. Watch carefully because butter can brown and then burn quickly. Stir in lemon juice and salt. Set aside.
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions, except add reserved broccoli rabe stems during last 5 minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the browned butter over medium heat until hot. Add reserved broccoli rabe leaves and florets; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, or until leaves are wilted. Add drained pasta and stems and remaining browned butter mixture; toss to coat. Heat until hot. Sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.