- Yield: 18 cookie pops
- 1 recipe Fantastic Fairy Cookie dough
- 18 wooden cookie sticks
- 1 cup (170 g) “safe” candy, Enjoy Life boom CHOCO boom chocolate bar (melted, chopped or both) or semisweet chocolate chips, or colored sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 g) powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) water
- Dash of salt
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- To make the cookies: Make Fantastic Fairy Cookies dough according to directions. Use a large ice cream/cookie scoop or pinch off dough and roll into a golf ball–size ball; place about 4 or 5 cookie balls on a greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly and insert a stick into each flattened cookie.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges and firm in the center. Let sit for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove with a spatula and place on a fl at surface to cool completely
- To make the frosting: Combine all frosting ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Frost each cooled cookie pop. Decorate with desired toppings.
- For a fun gift, wrap the cookies in cellophane or colored plastic wrap. Tie ribbon around the stick at the base of the cookie.