Traditionally, “creamy” dressings are made with a variety of inflammatory dairy products. This recipe substitutes in coconut cream, which gives the same decadent texture because of its high fat content. Unlike the fat in dairy products, however, the type of fat found in coconut cream (medium-chain triglycerides) has been shown to actually reduce inflammation, making it a great choice for most people on the AIP.
- Yield: 180 ml (¾ cup)
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) coconut cream
- ⅔ cup (45 g) green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a food processor, pulse all the ingredients together until combined.
- Can be stored in the fridge for a few days, but any leftovers will solidify in the refrigerator, so blend the dressing again or take it out from the refrigerator 30 minutes before using and stir it through to make it pourable again.