The best thing you can probably have on a cold day is a plate of fresh tomato soup. Tomato soup brings such comfort; it is unbelievable when served with grilled cheese croutons. It will make you feel good and wanting more.
It is a dish that is very easy to make, and it takes very little time to prepare. It takes about 15 minutes of preparation time, and about 25 minutes of cooking time. It takes 8 minutes for the pressure to build, and for this recipe, quick release of pressure should be used.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 white onions, peeled, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ crusty French baguette, sliced in 16 rounds
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- The first step is to select the saute function, and set the temperature to high; allow the Foodi to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After preheating, add canola oil, onions, and garlic to the cooking pot; stir frequently as you continue to cook; do this for 5 minutes.
- The next step is to add crushed tomatoes, tomato puree, heavy cream, 1 tablespoon salt, Worcestershire sauce, and crushed red pepper to the cooking pot. After adding the ingredients, continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Close the pressure cooking lid, as usual turn the pressure release valve to the seal position.
- Select the pressure function, set the temperature to high, and set the cooking time to 10 minutes.
- When the timer has stopped and pressure cooking is complete, do a quick release of the pressure – move the pressure release valve to the vent position. Afterwards, remove the lid carefully and allow the soup to stop boiling before you continue to next step.
- The next step is to lay bread slices across the top of the soup; then top bread slices generously with both mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Close the air crisping lid, select the broil function and set the cooking time to 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, your cooking is complete, and your creamy tomato soup with grilled cheese croutons is ready.
- Serve immediately. It is important to note that you should always allow the soup to cool to the temperature of the room before you start blending. Once you have blended it, transfer the mixture back to a saucepan and continue to heat to it your desired temperature.