They are so simple to make and so tasty, just like they do in Mexico! Enjoy. I’m all for simplicity if its good and there are some great cans and packs of enchilada sauce in the supermarkets to save time.
- 12 white corn tortillas
- 1 cup (250 g) cabbage thinly shredded
- 2 sweet tomatoes diced
- 5-6 cups (1 kg) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (250 g) of red enchilada sauce
- ¼ cup (60 g) crumbled goat’s cheese for topping (optional)
- Sour cream for topping
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Warm the corn tortillas on a large hot frying pan for a few seconds on each side.
- Now pour ¼ cup (60 g) of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of a large ovenproof dish. Fill each corn tortilla with a handful of cheese (reserving about ½ cup (125 g) for sprinkling over the top, at the end).
- Roll the tortillas tightly, and place seam side down in the pan. Pour the remaining sauce over the top. Add with remaining cheese on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until hot and foamy. Remove from the oven and add with shredded cabbage, goat’s cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream.
- Serve with a side of long grain rice.