- Yield: 6 generously
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ½ cup roughly chopped peeled galangal
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 oranges juice (about 1 cup)
- Cooked meat from 2 dungeness or other meaty crabs
- Tangerine Salt (“Breakaway Flavor Blasts”) or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups baby greens, chopped and barely dressed with a splash of extra virgin olive oil and champagne vinegar
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
How to Make It
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Add the shallot and galangal and sauté for a few minutes. Add the wine and orange juice, turn up the heat, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and boil gently for about 30 minutes, until reduced by more than half. Strain. You should have about ½ cup.
- Place the crabmeat in a mixing bowl and add the sauce. With your fingers, gently work in the sauce and sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste. Place mounds of the dressed baby greens on plates, spoon the crab over them, sprinkle with the chives, and add a small pile of tangerine salt on the side.