- Yield: 24 Square Crackers
- 2½ cups (300 grams) chickpea flour
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar or packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add the honey and water, stirring until blended into a cohesive dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape the dough into a flat disk and place it between 2 large pieces of parchment paper on a work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 15 by 10-inch rectangle (about ¼-inch thick). Cut the dough into 24 2-inch squares. Place the squares on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, until just set at the edges (the centers will be slightly soft; they will harden as they cool). Let the crackers cool on the pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes, then transfer them directly onto the rack with a spatula to cool completely.