- Yield: 4 Servings, 2 stuffed zucchini halves per serving
- 4 large zucchini
- ¾ pound ground turkey breast
- ¼ pound Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a ¼-inch shell. Dice flesh that was removed.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey, sausage, and diced zucchini 5 minutes, or until cooked through, breaking up turkey and turkey sausage with a spoon while cooking. Drain mixture and place in a bowl. Add tomatoes, ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, and salt; mix well.
- Fill zucchini halves with mixture and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.