- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup jasmine basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 1⅓ cup vegetable broth (optional) or water
- ⅓ cup fresh spearmint
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or to taste spinach or cooked arugula
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
How to Make It
- In a stockpot, heat macadamia oil over low heat.
- Sauté shallots & garlic for 3 minutes. Add uncooked rice & stir 1 minute.
- Add vegetable broth or water, spearmint, peas, & aminos.
- Bring to a full boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover & cook over low heat for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed & rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Release steam by angling lid away from face & hands.
- Cover pot with a towel to absorb excess water vapor without losing heat.
- Serve on a bed of spinach or arugula sprinkled with olive oil.