Bacon jam is one of those necessary staples that you have to have in your home. It’s great on burgers, grilled cheese sandwiches, or just by itself. My bacon jam packs so much flavor in a small container. You’ll have people begging you to make this for them all the time. Get ready to become best friends with your Instant Pot.
- Yield: 2 cups
- 1 pound thick-cut bacon, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- ½ cup water
- Put bacon in your Instant Pot. Select Sauté and adjust to Normal. Cook and stir until bacon is almost crisp. Press Cancel and remove bacon pieces to paper towel. Remove bacon grease from pot.
- Select Sauté and adjust to Normal. Add butter. Once melted, add onions, garlic, and horseradish. Cook and stir for 5 minutes until just tender. Press Cancel.
- Add brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, instant coffee, cooked bacon, and water. Stir to combine. Secure the lid on the pot. Close the valve. Cook on High Manual Pressure for 10 minutes.
- QPR the pressure. Remove lid. Use an immersion blender to break down ingredients to jam consistency. If you prefer it thicker, cook an additional 4 minutes on Sauté setting to reduce the liquid.