Layers of tasty sautéed fresh vegetables and melted cheese… perfect for a meatless Monday.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cup cooked rice
- 16 oz can refried beans
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 12 oz pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make It
- Sauté vegetables in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl; add remaining ingredients except cheese.
- Layer half of mixture in a lightly greased 13"x9" baking pan; sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat layering, ending with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees until heated through, about 15 to 20 minutes.