This is my quick and easy pizza recipe that’s fat-free and really tasty. The cheese sauce doesn’t taste like mozzarella or dairy cheese per se, but it’s delicious on pizza and a wonderful substitute. Feel free to use regular pizza dough or 4 regular whole-wheat pitas if you prefer.
- Yield: 8 mini-pizzas
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 8 whole-wheat mini-pitas
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp yellow miso
- 1 tsp granulated onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp dry mustard powder
- Preheat toaster oven to 450°F (conventional oven to 425°F).
- Spoon 1 tbsp of pizza sauce on each pita (2 tbsp if using regular pitas).
- Use the back of a spoon to spread a thin layer of sauce around each pita evenly and set aside.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Heat on high heat until bubbling.
- Reduce heat to medium and allow sauce to thicken, stirring constantly.
- Spoon over prepared pizza and bake for 4 to 7 minutes, until pita is warm and slightly crisp, and cheese has melted and formed a skin on top.
- Let cool for 3 to 5 minutes before eating.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.