These bumblebees are perfect for the hot summer days when you and your kids are out in the backyard all day. But you won’t find your kids shooing away these busy bumblebees! Instead, you’ll find yourself retreating to your cool kitchen and having fun whipping up these Oreo Bumblebees all summer long!
- Yield: 12 oreo bumblebees
- 1 (1-pound) bag brown chocolate candy melts
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 1 cup yellow chocolate candy melts
- 3 s’more-sized marshmallows
- 24 candy eyes
- Melt brown chocolate candy melts according to the package instructions or in the microwave at 30-second increments.
- Dip Oreo cookies into chocolate using a candy melt dipping scoop or fork, covering completely.
- Place chocolate-covered Oreos on a piece of parchment paper or Silpat and place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Repeat Step 1 with the yellow candy melts. Scoop melted chocolate into a cake-decorating bag with a #2 tip. Slowly pipe yellow lines on the Oreo body.
- Cut marshmallow into five equal pieces lengthwise and then again widthwise.
- Using the melted brown chocolate and cake-decorating paintbrushes, attach two marshmallow wings to the top center of each Oreo cookie at a 45-degree angle.
- Using the melted yellow chocolate and cake-decorating paintbrushes, paint two 1⁄2 -inch-long antennae for each bumblebee on a piece of parchment paper or Silpat. Place in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened, approximately 3 minutes.
- Attach candy eyes and antennae in front of the marshmallow wings using the melted yellow chocolate and cake-decorating paintbrushes.