- Yield: 16 (1-inch) balls
- 1 cup dried plums or other dried fruit
- ¾ cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried cane juice crystals or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey (liquid or crystallized) or coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoon camu camu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- Few pinches of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
How to Make It
- Chop the dried plums finely, to help them to distribute evenly in the batter since they are semi-hard (soft dried fruits do not need to be chopped).
- Pulse the hazelnuts and the walnuts in a food processor until broken down.
- Add the dried plums and all remaining ingredients to the food processor, and mix until combined and sticking together like a loose dough.
- Roll into balls or, for bars, line an 8 × 8-inch brownie pan with parchment paper, and press the dough into the pan with your hands, then top with another sheet of parchment paper, and roll a straight-sided glass over the top to evenly compact the dough.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, then remove from the pan, place on a cutting board, and cut into squares. Store chilled.