Make a recipe that gets better with age, such as chili or brisket, and cook it overnight while you sleep. In the morning, cool it slightly, get it in the fridge, and reheat it later for dinner. We keep prep to a minimum, but if you have more time, brown the meat for deeper flavor.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 7 Hours 40 Minutes
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 2 cups dried Great Northern beans (unsoaked)
- 2 cups chopped white onion (about 8 oz)
- 1 ⅓ cups tomatillo salsa (such as Frontera)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lb trimmed boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1½-in cubes (about 2½ lb purchase weight)
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- ½ cup thinly sliced radishes (optional)
- Combine chicken stock, beans, white onion, salsa, ½ cup water, cumin, oregano, salt, garlic, and pork in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours and 30 minutes to 8 hours. Sprinkle with scallions and radishes, if desired, before serving.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.