- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 heads endive, leaves separated and rinsed
- 3 firm but ripe pears
- 3 firm but ripe nectarines
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- handful of almonds (skins on)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread, to serve
For the dressing
- 0.33 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
How to Make It
- First, make the dressing. Put the oil, apple juice, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl, and whisk together. Season well with salt and black pepper. Arrange the endive leaves in a single layer on a large serving plate, and drizzle with a little of the dressing.
- Core and slice the pears, and halve, pit, and slice the nectarines. Arrange over the endive leaves along with the prosciutto, and toss together gently. Sprinkle over the almonds, then drizzle with a little more dressing. Season again, then serve immediately with some fresh crusty bread.