- Yield: 2 Dozen
- 0.33 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (130 g) sunflower butter
- ½ cup (115 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (2.3 g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (2.3 g) baking powder
- ¼ cup (30 g) Bob’s Red Mill tapioca flour
- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- 1 cup (175 g) Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C, or gas mark 5).
- With a mixer, cream together oil, sunfl ower butter, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add baking soda, baking powder, and fl ours and mix well.
- Use a small ice cream/cookie scoop or drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until edges are golden and the centers are soft and puffy. Let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing with a spatula to a flat surface to cool completely.
- In a deep and narrow microwave-proof bowl, heat chocolate chips at 30-second intervals, stirring at each interval, until melted. Stir until smooth. Dip half of each cooled cookie into the melted chocolate. Lay cookie on a baking sheet lined with nonstick parchment paper or aluminum foil. Let cool completely (you may place in the refrigerator to speed up the hardening of the chocolate).