- Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced (about 1⁄4 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup hard cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup cider syrup
How to Make It
- Heat the olive oil in an enameled pan with a lid over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally so the onion doesn’t burn.
- Add the cabbage and stir to coat with the oil and onion. Cook for a few minutes.
- Pour in the hard cider, sprinkle with the salt, stir, and cover with the lid. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is tender but not mushy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid and pour in the syrup, stirring to distribute. Cook for 1 minute, then remove from the heat. Season to taste.