I love heading out to the farmers’ market to see what produce is in season. The offerings are always so juicy and colorful that I tend to go a little overboard. Recipes like this Veggie Omelet save the day.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 Hours
- cup chopped zucchini
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 small shallots, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon herbes de Provence
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped, for garnish
- 3 scallions, chopped, for garnish
- scallions, chopped, for garnish
How to Make It
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, bell pepper, shallots, and garlic to the slow cooker and mix.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and herbes de Provence and whisk until well mixed.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on High for 1½ to 2 hours, until the eggs are set; start checking after 1½ hours.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the omelet and cook on High for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the cheese has melted.
- Cut the omelet into wedges and serve garnished with tomato, scallions, and sour cream.