Fresh white crab meat is a treat: here, it is pepped up with chiles and herbs and served with dressed salad leaves. Your fishmonger can shell the crab for you, but it will always be freshest if you prepare it yourself.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- 10 oz (300 g) fresh white crab meat
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
- ½ cup chives, finely chopped
- ½ cup dill, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3½ oz (100 g) mixed salad leaves
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
For the dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp capers, finely chopped
- ½ tsp mayonnaise
How to Make It
- Put the crab meat and avocados in a medium bowl along with the herbs and the chile, stir well, and season with salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Taste the dressing and season, if necessary.
- Lay the salad leaves on a serving plate or 4 individual plates and top with the crab meat mixture. Drizzle with the dressing and serve with the lemon wedges.