These tarts are an amazing addition to your hot drink, and plus, they are very light! The recipe is sugar-free.
- Yield: 18 tarts
For the Dough
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 oz) Whole grain flour
- 1 oz Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Honey (liquid)
- 1 tsp Cacao powder
For the Stuffing
- 4 cups Cherries, pitted
- 2 tsp Cacao powder and 1 tbsp coconut oil or 3 tbsp use grated black chocolate
- 2 tbsp Liquid honey
How to Make It
Prepare the Dough
- Whisk egg and honey. Add oil and cacao powder; mix all together using mixer or whisk. Add flour and mix the dough with hands.
- Form the dough into a ball and place it in a bag in a freezer for 5–10 minutes. It will make the dough easier to work with. Prepare the Filling
- Place the cherries in a bowl. Add honey, cacao powder, and coconut oil. Accurately mix it with a spoon.
- Put the oven on preheat to 380°F. Prepare the Base for our Tarts
- Take the dough out. Roll it using a rolling pin or bottle; then cut the circles from the dough. Use a glass to achieve perfect circles—easily and accurately!
- Place the dough in a baking tray (you can use the tray for muffins).
- Place 4–5 cherries in each tart.
- Place the tarts in the oven, and bake for 30 minutes (380°F).
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.