- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 tablespoons Garlic ‘Mayo’
- 2 tablespoons solid cooking fat, melted
- 4 portobello mushrooms, brushed clean and stalks removed
- ½ onion, sliced into thick rings
- Sea salt
- 4 to 8 leaves soft lettuce (not romaine)
- 4 Three-Herb Beef Patties, cooked and kept warm
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and sliced
How to Make It
- Soften the mayo in a warm water bath until it is a liquid.
- Heat half the cooking fat in a frying pan or griddle pan over medium heat.
- Brush the rest of the fat on the portobello caps and onion, also sprinkling with sea salt. Add the mushrooms and onions to the pan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, flipping once, until fully cooked. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Grab a leaf or two of lettuce and construct a ‘burger’ using a beef patty, a tablespoon of mayo, some onion rings and a portobello. Finish with several slices of avocado.