- Yield: 4 Servings(1 large casserole)
- 1 pound (454 g) ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- One 10-ounce (284 g) package frozen corn, thawed and drained, or one 15-ounce (438 g) can corn, drained
- 1 batch of Cauliflower Cream
How to Make It
- Preheat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium, add the ground beef, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until the meat is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain the fat from the meat and set it aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet, over medium heat. Lower the heat to medium-low, add the onions and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine the ground beef, cooked onions, garlic, salt, and pepper. Layer this mixture in the bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Finish assembling the casserole by layering the corn on top of the beef mixture and then layering the Cauliflower Cream on top of the corn.
- At this point you can freeze the casserole for baking at a later date. Otherwise, bake for 30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers for up to a week.