The flavor combination of beets and citrus is fabulous, so this salad of roasted beets loaded with oranges and grapefruit dressed with a simple lemon vinaigrette is a winner. You could serve it over greens or just scoop it into bowls on its own.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 6 beets
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 orange
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 juiced lemon
- Mint leaves for garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a baking sheet, spread out the chunks of beet and drizzle with 1½ tablespoons of olive oil. Add pepper and salt for seasoning.
- Bake for 40 minutes, checking on them halfway through the cooking time and mixing with a spatula. Remove and cool completely.
- In a bowl, mix orange, beets and grapefruit sections. Dress with the remaining 1½ tablespoons of olive oil and the lemon juice, and give it a good stir. Add fresh mint leaves for garnishing and serve.